HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2021 has been proclaimed for Masters and PhD students. It is a great opportunity for those students who want to study in the United Kingdom on scholarship. This program is managed by Higher Education Commission, Pakistan. Students of Pakistan & AJK nationals fulfilling the eligibility criteria can apply to this scholarship program. This scholarship program is being presented for Master and PhD levels for the academic year 2022-23. Do you want to get complete information about the HEC Commonwealth Scholarship?. Well, read this article carefully. All information and details about this program are given below.
HEC Commonwealth Scholarship for Masters | Overview
|Organization||HEC Pakistan in Collaboration with UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO)|
|Location||All Pakistan & AJK|
|Deadline||1st November 2021|
HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2021 Details
List of Programs Offered Under HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2021
This scholarship program is only for those students who are belonging to low or middle-income commonwealth countries. The purpose of this scholarship program is to provide financial assistance to needy students who want to study in the UK at the Master and PhD levels. The HEC Commonwealth Scholarships are being offered under the six themes as mentioned below;
- Science and Technology for Development
- Strengthening Health Systems and Capacity
- Promoting Global prosperity
- Strengthening Global Peace, Security and Governance
- Strengthening Resilience and Response to Crises
- Access, Inclusion and Opportunity
Before applying for HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2021 for Masters and PhDs, concerned candidates must read the following eligibility criteria.
- Only Pakistan/AJK nationals are eligible for this program. The students having dual nationalities are not eligible.
- A student who is available to go to UK for UK academic year which is expected to be started in September/October 2022.
- A willing student for Master scholarship must hold a 1st Class Degree in pertinent postgraduate qualification i.e. 16 years Bachelors/Master’s Degree.
- Similarly, an applicant of PhD Scholarship, must have a 1stClass Degree in relevant postgraduate qualification i.e. 17/18 years Masters/MS/MPhil Degree
- Applicants having 2nd Division in more than two degrees cannot avail themselves of this scholarship.
- The willing candidates must not be registered for a Master, Mphil or PhD Degree in any university of UK or Pakistan or anywhere before September/October 2022.
- Also, an applicant of PhD scholarship must have the support of a possible supervisor from at least one UK University mentioned in your application form.
- Willing students must provide all supporting documents in the required format
- Only those students are eligible for this scholarship who are unable to afford to study in the United Kingdom without this scholarship.
- Also, an applicant must submit online two references letter to UK application system.
- Moreover, only the applicant’s obtaining a minimum of 70% marks in HEC Aptitude Test (HAT) is eligible for HEC Commonwealth Scholarship.
How to Apply for HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2021
- First-Step (Commonwealth Online Application)
Firstly, the students fulfilling eligibility criteria can apply online at the official website of Commonwealth (CW).
Separate Links for Masters and PhDs are given below.
Secondly, the willing students must have to apply online at the official website higher Education Commission. The applicant after registering and filling his profile must select “Learning Opportunities Abroad” under the “Scholarship and Grant” menu in the left-hand side panel of the online portal.
Moreover, the applicant must have to deposit a HAT test fee of Rs.800/- in Account No. 17427900133401 of HBL, Sector H-9 Branch, and Islamabad. This fee is not refundable. And while applying online at the HEC website, the applicant must have to attach a scanned copy of the deposit slip of Rs.800/-.
Benefits of HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2021
The HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2021 will cover the following:
- Monthly stipend (Living Allowance) for Master’s students at the rate of £1,133 or monthly £1,390 for those students studying at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2021-2022 levels).
- Month stipend (Living Allowance) for PhD students at the rate of £1,084. And £1,330 (approximately PKR: 322000 per month) for those students studying at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2018/2019 levels).
- Full Tuition fees.
- Two-way Ticket to UK (in the start of the program and at the end of the program)
- Warm Clothing Allowance ( where applicable)
- Traveling Expenses related to study tours
- Air Ticket for Fieldwork
- One Air Ticket for Home country during the studies
- Students will also get family allowances:
- Spouse Allowance: £233 Monthly
Child Allowance will be following as per month:
- First Child: £233 and
- Second & Third Child (under the age of 16): £114
Child Allowance for Divorced/Widow/Single Parent:
- First Child: £465
- Second & Third Child (under the age of 16): £114
- Selected students will get this child allowance if they are accompanied by their children and they are living with them at the same address in the UK.